
I can't believe the little baby on my ticker over to the left is already on the last possible rectangle. It kind of freaks me out...this baby will be here so soon and I am so not ready. It's funny - I used to hear women say this exact thing, that nine months flew by and they weren't at all ready for the baby and still had so much to do. I remember thinking "You had nine months! That's quite a while to prepare." Now I am one of those women and I so get it. It seems like it is so far away but then suddenly it sneaks up on you, or at least it did for me. I think because I am so busy, the days and weeks just fly by. It's crazy.
I am now just shy of 36 weeks along. These pictures were taken two weeks ago, when I was 34 weeks. It's hard to believe that it's possible, but I'm even bigger since then (as many people tell me on a daily basis. My co-workers are constantly telling me how they can't believe how I've gotten bigger overnight).
The baby is estimated to be about five pounds or a little under as of now. My doctor thinks he will be between 7 and 7 1/2 pounds when he is born. He is still not turned the right way for delivery, but instead is transverse, meaning he is side-to-side and hasn't dropped yet. My doctor had me schedule an ultra sound for next week so they can check to make sure he is positioned the way she thinks he is. If so, she would like me to make an appointment at the hospital to try manually moving him into place. I'm not excited about that. I noticed a few stretch marks this week for the first time. I am not too surprised since my mom had them, but not super excited about them.

I would have to say that he feels heavier than a honeydew to me. My backaches can attest to that.
According to www.community.thebump.com, "Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month."
Last Saturday evening, Wendel and I (well, mostly Wendel) put his crib and changing table together. His nursery is not at all ready, but luckily my mom is coming to help with that next weekend. It does feel good to have that furniture put together, though. At least it's something. We still have so much to do. All of that combined with my stressful school stuff and then work and training someone to take over my position while I'm on maternity leave is all kind of overwhelming. I just need to make it 4 1/2 more weeks and then he can come. (In fact, one month from today is my last day of class for the quarter so if he can even wait one month and one day, that would be great. Please, please, please?)

In the pictures of your belly, it looks like he's transverse. I could be wrong, but your belly goes more side to side than vertical. Turn Moose, turn! I hope he gets into position on his own & that he stays put for a while longer! I can't believe it's so close now! You're going to be a mommy! You & Wendel will be such great parents.
ReplyDelete