*I just noticed that my left foot and ankle are a little swollen but my right foot doesn't really seem to be, or at least not as much. Kind of weird. My fingers were also a little swollen this morning and it was difficult to put my wedding ring on (I actually had to wear my wedding band, which is too big for me normally).
*I've heard that a woman's feet can grow 1-2 sizes while she is pregnant. Um, wow. That would be crazy.
*I am warm a lot lately, which is not like me.
*I went to the doctor yesterday and apparently my weight is on track, in the right range. I guess he just had a big growth spurt before (earlier than my doctor is used to seeing). I think she still wants me to be a little cautious but it was nothing like before. Yay!
*I took the glucose test and I do not have gestational diabetes. That is a relief. I'm just glad I didn't have to take the three hour test to find out (thank you Jaimie, for your advice to schedule the appointment first thing in the morning and not eat anything beforehand. My original appointment was scheduled for 4:45pm but I called and changed it). I think that's good advice.
*I have had very low blood pressure throughout this pregnancy. I always get a surprised reaction when the assistant takes it and sees how low it is.
*I am anemic again. No surprise there, though.
*He is not turned head-down yet but I guess he still has some time.
*I am still loosing my mind. I lost my work keys, put the laundry detergent in the little thing that's in the middle of my washer where the fabric softener is supposed to go, and I sent out a flyer at work to someone this Tuesday when it was supposed to be sent last Tuesday. (And many other things that I can't recall right now, I'm sure.)
*I am sounding like an idiot at school. Last night, my professor asked me to share my opinion about the reading assignment. Even though I had read it thoroughly and stayed up until 1:00am writing a paper on it, I had a difficult time recalling certain points and piecing together what I wanted to say. It came out in messy fragments and did not sound intelligent in the least. My mind is just not as sharp as it should be and I can really tell a difference. Unfortunately, I have never had this professor before so this is his first impression of me. Nice.
*I almost fell down the stairs at work today but caught myself on the handrail. That was really scary.
*I am leaving for Utah tomorrow, where my family there is giving me a shower. I am very excited!
*I am 31 weeks and 5 days along.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad things are going normally, that sounds about right. How fun to have a shower in Utah! I'm glad you could get away & be with your family. I can't wait to see pics of what you got!
ReplyDeleteMy sister-in-law & I were just discussing how our feet grew when we were pregnant & never shrunk back, we both grew a size, luckily it's not 1 size per kid. =)
The losing your mind, well, hopefully it will come back. I think you deliver brain cells with each child. The other day I was looking for my cell phone & I had just gotten off of it & was holding it in my hand. Um, yeah, not my brightest moment.
Your ticker says you are 32 weeks now! Yay!
that all sounds so familiar! I still don't feel like I have my brain back, but maybe you'll recover faster than me, since you're younger and everything. :) I'm glad to hear things are going well! have you found a mutually agreeable name yet? :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard the shoe size thing. Mine stayed the same. Glad to hear weight and glucose were good. And sorry about the pregnancy brain. You'll get some of your brain cells back, I promise (but I won't say how many!).
ReplyDeletehaha. the joy of being prego. but such a reward to come! It will all be worth it in the end :) Can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeletei know women whose feet grew a size and stayed after the kid was born. one of my friends went up a size with each kid. actually my feet flattened out a little after my four kids so i am about a half size bigger. its b/c the ligaments in your body losen up due to a hormone you release so your pelvis can expand to let baby get out of there. the swelling in the feet happened to me too. and it was just on one side sometimes. i was shocked when, two months after i had quen, i looked at my ankles, and noticed how skinny they were. seems like i forget how skinny they are everytime. it takes about six weeks after baby is born for all the extra fluid to get out of your body. i wish i could tell you the lost mind will get better but...lol! glad everything is going great! luv
ReplyDeleteReading this really took me back to when I was pregnant. I ALWAYS had really low blood pressure and forgot things all the time. Plus, when I was pregnant with Evan my foot slipped on the stairs and I fell a couple steps (more like slid). It wasn't like a real fall so I didn't think to mention it to my Dr., but when she saw the bad rug burn I got on my elbow when I caught myself she gave me a good scolding! I was a total klutz!
ReplyDelete