
This little guy is moving around so much right now, more than he ever has before. I love it.
I went to the doctor today. She couldn't figure out which way the baby is positioned but thinks his head is by my left rib cage and that he is in a U shape with his feet by my right rib cage. At my next appointment, if he hasn't moved his head where it's supposed to be, she will schedule an appointment for me at the hospital to try to manually move him so he is head-down. If that doesn't work and he still won't move on his own, she is going to schedule a C-Section for me at 39 weeks. That makes me nervous...hopefully he will naturally decide to change position before it comes to that.
My blood pressure gets lower at each appointment. I haven't been feeling dizzy, but I know I overdo it all the time, so I need to be careful (not likely to happen with my crazy schedule).
I went to Utah two weekends ago for a baby shower there (that post is coming). On the plane, my feet swelled up so much. I really couldn't even see my ankle bones - it was crazy. My feet are still a bit swollen now (my strapy church shoes are not so attractive these days), but nothing like that.
My stomach also itched like crazy while I was in Utah. I think it was because it was so dry there (and maybe from the cold too?). The itching went away when I came home, much to my relief.
I am feeling so huge and uncomfortable, but it's okay. I got some "lovely" comments the other day from someone who I haven't seen since before I was pregnant. (And by lovely I mean rude...like "I can't believe how big you are, not just your stomach but everywhere...your legs...your face...it used to be so pretty and thin...but now...and your nose...you poor thing!" No exaggeration, I promise.) I guess it just comes with the territory. I'm trying not to take things too personally.
Hoping to be back soon to share pictures from my fun shower.

No way did someone say that to you. Who do they think they are? I think you look great! Seriously! You're so cute prego.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about him not being positioned right. you gotta keep me updated and if you are gonna do a C section tell me when and I will be there for sure. You know I will :) Try to take it easy ab.. even though I know it's hard to do. Let me know if there is anything I can do... from all the way in Utah.
Love you!
I can't beleive someone said that to you - RUDE! I think you look cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry too much about the baby position. You've still got a while for him to turn. He probably just doesn't like standing on his head. :)
You look GREAT! Hopefully you can ditch class one day and just watch TV or something. Isn't it cool how you can tell there's an actual baby moving around in there now? It gets crazier the closer you get to the end. I can't believe how close you are! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe someone said that to you. I think you are beautiful. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
ReplyDeletesorry about the comments. sometimes you have to wonder what people are thinking.
ReplyDeleteyou know, there are exercises you can do to facilitate baby to turn. try googling it..."can i help turn my baby" or "how to help baby get head down" or "what if my baby is breech" something like that. you have to do the exercises for a few weeks and a month or two before delivery, if i remember right.
i've never heard of a doc trying to turn baby six weeks before delivery. that's interesting. some babies don't turn until a week or two before delivery and some that do turn down, end up turning wrong again. my niece got head down then turned into a sideways position just a couple days before her due date. unfortunately, it was a face up, sideways (tranverse) so they couldn't turn her and she had to have a C. but baby hadn't dropped into mom's pelvis so i really think my SIL would have labored naturally then baby wouldn't have been able to get through the pelvis anyways so the way things happened actually saved her the labor pains.
i think it was the Lord watching out. usually first baby's will come down and engage (no longer float) in the pelvis a couple weeks before. if your doc can turn him earlier than that "dropping" stage then he does drop then he shouldn't be able to turn b/c he won't be floating anymore. if he drops in breech she won't be able to turn him as easily,if at all, so it makes sense why she's doing it early. plus, space is getting to be a premium in there...he's not getting any smaller that's for sure.
good luck. you look so good. your belly is beautiful. i hope you leave a post on his name soon. heaps luvs
I'm sorry for that insecure person that told you that!
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful & don't need anyone to tell you that you are or not. But you are. :)
I hope he turns on his own. I've heard it's pretty painful for the doctor to help out with that.
Not too much longer, hang in there!
I think you look great too! It's not like us women aren't sensitive enough feeling huge, sore, tired, forgetful and emotional when we're pregnant. Don't let her get to you. I really think you look great. Like I said before, I think it suits you.
ReplyDeleteI remember you mentioning that person's comments when we were at dinner and my response now is the same as then: "what the heck was she talking about?" You are the cutest pregnant person, you don't look like you've gained weight anywhere but the baby belly!
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering about the turning the baby so early thing as well...I always was told that it was the last 2 weeks that the baby would generally turn. Regardless, he'll be here soon and it'll all turn out just fine. :)
You look great, Ashley. Truly. I got those comments when I was prego, too. Being on the "petite" side means I'm basically I walking stomach by the end. It takes over my entire body. Well, you've seen it. I also got the itchy belly like crazy in UT and AZ. I think it's a combo of the stretched out skin and the dry air. Used to drive me insane!
ReplyDelete