I plan to update more this weekend but really quickly I wanted to throw this question out to you guys: What baby items would you recommend? What could you not live without? What should I put on my "must-have" list?
I am finally getting into the mode where I'm keeping an eye out for items that we may need. So far we have a crib, a car seat (compliments of Amazon - they give their employees a free car seat), a stroller and a bunch of clothes that I have been collecting when I find really good deals (usually second-hand). My sister-in-law, Britney, sat down with me a few weeks ago and made a list of the things she recommends and it was so helpful. I thought I would get even more feedback from all of you experts out there. Tell me what I can't live without.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh how I love Britax carseats. They cost a fortune, but I think they're worth every penny.
ReplyDeleteI have a good friend who is an information/research junkie like me, and I sent her a detailed email of recommendations earlier this year--I'll just forward that to you. You sound perfectly prepared!
this is an interesting and hard question. i asked clark and he said get a good stroller that can hold more than one kid and last forever. we have a joovy caboose, but it might really be too much stroller for a first timer. lol. he also said a good crib that will last and a (ready for this?) boob. yes he said that! the elixir of life comes out you know. so i have had a tough time coming up with an answer so i put it to my FB friends and you can see their suggestions if you scroll down my wall. my first instinct is diapers (not too many NB ones...they outgrow them fast. they'll give u size 1's in the hospital...and if he doesn't have sensitive skin Pamper Swaddlers are the best in the NB size so i would recommend trading any other NB dipes for those or trading up to size 1 Pampers or Huggies.) and wipes, soothie pacifiers are the best in my opinion (even if you breast feed you will want a couple handy...they are the most natural to latch onto), a good breast pump will be a must for you, if you are going to attempt breast feeding (if you buy a medela Pump in Style, buy it NEW...it will last you the rest of your childbearing years--this is my big regret). also recommend a couple of books. (1)Babywise and (2)The Complete Guide to Breastfeeding. a little advice about leaving the hospital...you MUST take the hospitals suction bulb. the hospital ones are THE BEST. in fact, if you can pretend to lose one and they replace it then you'll have two and you can pretend to lose a half package of dipes too right before you leave and they'll get you a refill of those too. if you are running low on supplies for your "bottom" just ask em for more...they might give you some. clark always takes all the blankets home...in fact he cleans out the entire hospital bassinet. and ONE more thing i just thought of...for breast care...Lansinoh ointment (at Target with the breast pump stuff) and Soothie Gel Pads (at Walgreens on the baby care aisle). those things SAVED my ladies numerous times! pack em in your hospital bag! you can start thinking ahead on baby clothes. they outgrow the NB stuff pretty fast so just be sure you have plenty of the next sizes up (especially onsies and sleep n plays). i never washed EVERYTHING, just some stuff, in case i needed to return it for larger sizes. if you can find a tactful way to request gift receipts that helps.
ReplyDeleteP.S. thats a posh carseat! lucky duck! practice installing it in both your cars so you know how it fits in and if you opt to buy an infant carrier carseat i HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Chicco. its a little pricy but i found mine new on ebay (never buy a used one unless you know the person your buying it from) for less than retail. sometimes those huge convertibles don't fit well in the backseat of car so i'd just say practice and maybe even look for a carseat clinic so a police officer can help you. car seat safety is my peeve.
ReplyDelete