Sunday, November 1, 2009

21 weeks

I meant to post last week when I hit my half-way mark but it didn't happen so here is a picture of me at 21 weeks. I am feeling good and things are going well so far. I went to the doctor the other day (and had to wait an hour to see my doctor...she is a busy lady. But luckily no drama with the staff this time). She said this baby is still really active (as she listened to his heartbeat). That makes me a little nervous that he is going to hit the ground running and be going non-stop all the time. I guess that is the nature of a lot of little boys. :)

Last week Wendel felt the baby kick for the first time. I've been feeling him from the inside but could finally feel him from the outside and luckily Wendel was right by me at the time so he got to feel the kick as well. He thought it was pretty cool. It was kind of a bonding thing for us.

My mom and sister came to visit last weekend, which was really fun. My mom came bearing some cute little onesies. This baby is going to be prepared. We went and looked at a bunch of cute baby things at Target and I got an idea of how much things cost...then this weekend I bought a bunch of stuff on Craigslist for really cheap. I got a pack n play for $35 and it is in excellent condition. I love it. It has the bassinet, changing table, etc. We also got a high chair, swing, boppy pillow, baby gym and bath - all of that for $100 (which includes the price of the pack n play, which is good considering that the pack n play I saw at Target was $109). It's all in really good condition. We're happy with it. I love getting good deals and recycling by using gently used items rather than buying new (in most cases - sometimes there are exceptions, of course).

According to www.whattoexpect.com, "How big is your baby? About the size of a large banana — and speaking of bananas, if you eat one this week, there's a good chance your baby will get a taste, too. That's because he swallows a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), so he eats whatever's on your menu." I guess I should be careful about my sugar intake. I made the mistake of buying chocolate covered peanut butter granola bars (because I was craving chocolate and didn't want to outright eat a candy bar) and I cannot get enough of them. They are heaven to me. Must not buy anymore...

That is my update. Half way through - so far, so good.

5 comments:

  1. You are one of those lucky women who just radiate beauty when you're pregnant! Super cute picture! Also, great finds on all that stuff you got! I can't believe you got such a great deal! I guess disregard my other comments about the swing, high chair and whatever else I mentioned. Sounds like you got it covered! LOL! You'll love having the boppy. I have a pattern for the cover if you want to borrow it/make a copy, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture, You look so happy and beautiful. I am so glad that Linds and I got to spend some time with you last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE craigslist. there are always great deals on there. you look wonderful and if he's active now you are probably right about him having a big personality but that also means he's probably really smart. it really interesting how you can tell as a mother, what your baby's personality is going to lean towards when they are still inside you. there were signs with all of mine that so far have proven true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was right, you are really adorable pregnant! Thanks for inviting me to see your blog! Thats awesome that you got so many good things on craigslist, and sounds like you about have everything you need for the little one. I was one of the mothers that have boys that did hit the ground running and they haven't stopped since! It's hard sometimes, but it's also really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely adorable!!! You are going to make one great momma!

    ReplyDelete