Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Growing


My belly is huge!

You know you're showing when

*You're talking to someone and mention in the conversation that you're pregnant and the person says, "I was wondering but wasn't going to ask."

*You feel the need to bring up in conversation that you are pregnant so people don't think that you're just rapidly gaining weight (does that make me vain?).

*You keep putting away clothes that don't fit and buying new ones.

It is fun to be showing but kind of scary to see a picture of how big I'm getting. (But mostly fun.) I told Wendel the other night that I don't know how my stomach can keep growing. I feel like it's reached its capacity (I know it has a long ways to go). [By the way, does anyone want to go walking with me in the evenings? I don't get home until 5:30 and have little motivation to go out in the cold by myself when I am exhausted and have a million things to do, but if I had someone to go with me it would help. I know that is right in the middle of dinner time for most people, but if there are any takers, I'm all for it.]

Wendel told me the other day that he's ready for the baby to be here. I, for one, am not, but I thought it was cute that he's excited.

My stomach has started itching. I've seen pregnant women scratch their bellies in the past and I've wondered about the itching...well, it's here. My back has started to ache and I'm bummed that I can't lay on my back to relieve it. (Massages from Wendel are my new favorite thing.) I also have felt more little flutters, especially today. Maybe that means the baby is being active and will hopefully continue to be that way for our appointment tomorrow morning? (If you haven't voted on what you think this baby is, cast your vote.) I will check in tomorrow to share the news. Yay! Can't wait to find out!

5 comments:

  1. yay! so fun! Yes, your belly will get much bigger. it's also fun to rub it -- kind of automatic, but still fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you are so cute! Ok the itchiness is your stomach skin stretching, rub lotion (like cocoa butter lotion or something) on it to help prevent stretch marks... HOWEVER, that being said I have read that stretch marks are partially hereditary and if you're meant to get them, you will no matter what. So... sorry if you are... I didnt get them until I was like 30 weeks... but I got ALOT. I am excited to hear about your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to find out what it is!! You are such a cute pregnant woman. :) I hope the doctor's appointment goes well. I also want to let you know that I totally feel for you on the itching thing and on the back pain thing. Good news is it doesn't last forever. It's a glorious feeling after you've had the baby and can lie on your back again..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little belly! It is so darn cute! And I really can't wait until you are GIGANTIC (you are so skinny that I can see the baby really popping out) and waddling around. For back pain a nice hot bath also seems to help...especially when it has been cold and rainy like today. Oh isn't pregnancy fun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it ab! your belly is so freakin cute i just can't believe you are pregnant. and a boy!?! WOOOHOOO! couldn't be happier for u two. Can't wait to see you and go shopping! hope u get feeling better and have that energy you need!

    ReplyDelete