We went to Utah unexpectedly this past weekend because Wendel had a job interview in Salt Lake and I wanted to go with him. Since we were there, I thought it would be fun to tell our families in person. It is earlier than we'd like to share the news (we wanted to wait until I'm through the first trimester) but telling them in person won out. We met my mom and Dave, Lindsey and Dylan, Wendel's parents and Bethaney and her boyfriend, Marshall, at
The Blue Iguana for dinner. Lindsey and Dylan already knew so we had them ready with the video camera on their camera and pictures with my camera. Of course we waited until the very end and my heart was beating like crazy. Wendel's parents stood up to go and pay for their food and we asked them if they would mind sitting back down. It was a little awkward and they asked what was going on. "We just wanted to tell you guys that we're expecting!" I said. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, everyone went crazy. My mom reached across Wendel (who was sitting in between us) to hug me and everyone was so excited. (My mom's excitement is an understatement...she's been waiting for this announcement for a long time.) Here is the video (it is kind of dark but you get the idea):
And here are some pictures Lindsey took. I love that first one...the look on my mom's face is priceless. Fred looks pretty happy too.



Fred, Wendel, Linda, Marshall (Bethaney's boyfriend) and Beth.


All of us in front of Blue Iguana after eating (except for Dylan who went to get their car and Marshall who was taking the picture).

Wendel had his interview all day on Monday so my mom and Lindsey and I went shopping up in Park City. They bought me some really cute things. Since we don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl yet, we got some of each. So cute!







Here we are with the cute little treasures.
WOOOHOOO! Baby is going to be spoiled like crazy. You won't need to go shopping for a year or two! oh my gosh everytime I watch the video of mom at blue iguana I laugh my head off.. MARCH 13TH?!?! LINDSEY DID U KNOW?????????? bahahahhaa I'm so so sad I can't be there with you every step of the way. :(
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I love that you have a video of it.
ReplyDeleteWendel's interviewing in Utah? That's a lot closer than Seattle. I kind of hope he gets it.
I honestly didn't know what it was like to have to clothe a child & how expensive it is until we had our 2nd. Something about a first grandchild...enjoy it while it lasts! =)
What a great moment with your mom! I love it that you caught it on video! I love your pregnancy blog! Thanks for the invite!
ReplyDelete