
[I didn't take a "before" picture so I am using one from last year. I was the same size in this before picture as I was before I got pregnant. It's not taken from the side but you can see that already I've grown a bit.]
I am 7 1/2 weeks along. According to What to Expect When You're Expecting, "Your baby is now about the size of a blueberry (and about 10,000 times bigger than he was at conception). Most of that growth is concentrated in the head as new brain cells are generated at the rate of 100 per minute. Your baby's mouth and tongue are forming as arm and leg buds sprout, and those little kidneys are getting ready to do their job (pee production and excretion)."
I haven't felt sick at all until this morning, when I had a little wave of nausea wash over me. Thankfully it passed quickly and I didn't get sick. I am hoping I can slide by without the "morning sickness" part that I've heard so much about. I do find that I get full very easily and my stomach feels a little upset after I eat. It's easier to eat small portions more often than to try and eat three big meals.
I also worry about everything: Am I getting enough protein? Will I get Toxoplasmosis? Am I doing anything to harm the baby? I think especially now that some of our family members know, I'm scared that I will miscarry. I am trying to be positive, eat well and go walking regularly. Protein smoothies are becoming a favorite (thanks Linds!). I've also noticed that my sense of smell seems to be heightened.
I haven't taken any pictures of myself yet except for the one above, which Lindsey snapped in our hotel room with my little point-and-shoot camera. I plan to take some pictures this week with our nice camera, but for now here I am at 7 1/2 weeks (my stomach looks bigger after eating, which I had just done when this picture was taken). I realize that most people can't even tell a difference but I can really tell. It is difficult to suck my stomach in and my clothes are all really tight, especially after I eat.

No comments:
Post a Comment